*please note our updated competition policy below
- Be on time for class! Your teammates need YOU on the mats.
- Greet the instructor when you enter the mat area.
- If you are late, wait for the instructor to acknowledge you before you step onto the mats.
- Wear clean, dry gi or nogi attire to EVERY class. BJJ is a close quarters sport and you owe it to your teammates to wear clean gear to class.
- Always ensure your nails are trimmed and filed before coming to class. Excessively long finger and toenails can cause serious lacerations to your teammates.
- Avoid coming to class if you are suffering from any type of communicable illness.
- Tap early and often! Being healthy enough to continue training is always more important than escaping a submission in training.
- Always apply submission holds with appropriate care and allow your training partners ample time to tap. Take care of each other!
- Take care of yourself. If you’re injured, take the time you need to heal up before returning to training. I promise that BJJ will be there when you get back.